Sunday, April 18, 2010

Homeschool Quilt

March 20 was National Quilt Day. I resisted all the "sales" that came to my junk e-mail account and stayed home to....quilt! I finished up this quilt.


We did this for a homeschool activity. I had over 30 kids and several mothers over one afternoon to tie this quilt and put together higene kits for Church Humanitarian Services. With the recent earthquakes in Haiti and Chile, it seemed appropriate.

I had a lot of faith in the kids tying quilts. I think I went over the quilt for about 2 hours after everyone left to fix all the strange looking ties, and that's after a couple moms had already been over it! It got done though.

It was great walking into the Bishop's Storehouse with 38 Humantiarian kits and 1 full-size quilt. The missionaries there asked if we did it as a church project, they were impressed when I told them it was a homeschool group.

Way to go Southsiders!

No comments: