Thursday, October 3, 2019

PREPARING FOR RAIN

One of my family's favorite movies is Facing The Giants, a Christian film about a High School Football coach who can't seem to do anything right.  In one part, an old fan who prays for the students in the school tells the coach a story and asks a question:  There were two farmers who desperately prayed for rain, but only one went out and prepared his fields to receive it.  Which do you think trusted God to send the rain?

I guarantee each of us is praying fervently for help.  I know often I have wanted Heavenly Father to just answer my prayer in one quick fix.  But most of the time, He doesn't work that way.  There is usually something we can do to help out.  I am reminded of the scripture in 2 Nephi 25:23 "...it is by grace we are saved after all we can do."

The Lord expects us to act.  This is a gospel of doing!  I guarantee Heavenly Father is eager to help us, but we have to show faith by preparing to receive his blessings. 

I challenge you to think about what you need most desperately.  I am sure you are already praying for it.  But think of what you can DO.  How can you prepare your fields to receive the rain?

As a side note:  This is Conference Weekend!  It is a great time to make sure you have new batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. 

No comments: