Wednesday, October 30, 2019

DISASTER PLAN

Did you feel the earthquake Tuesday?  I heard it more than I felt it.  Living in California has taught me that no two earthquakes are the same.  I was surprised that it was so big, a 3.8.

It seems there are fires all around us.  When my kids smell the smoke outside, they always come in worried that we will be evacuated again. 

In the mail today, I got a copy of San Diego County's Personal Disaster Plan.  In my email inbox this afternoon, I got an email from my insurance company with "California wildfires - tips to help you prepare" in the subject line.  They had a link that went to a website with a lot of really good information.  In the email, they also had some good suggestions:  
Gather important documents, medications and valuables in case you need to evacuate quickly
 
Take exterior photos of your entire home in case you need to file a claim later
 
Register with your insurance company to manage your claim experience online
 
If you've been evacuated, please call us about possible additional living expense reimbursement

Instead of re-inventing the wheel, I CHALLENGE YOU to take a look at one of the links above and use them to help you prepare your family for our next disaster, whatever it may be.  Being prepared is a big step to not being afraid, because "if ye are prepared, ye shall not fear."
 

No comments: