Wednesday, June 6, 2018

LAST CHANCE!

In January, our family took a road trip through Texas, Oklahoma, and Colorado.  While in Denver, we stopped at a dear friend's home for lunch.  She had built a new home since I saw her last and she was showing me some of her favorite spots.  She opened a closet door and there were 7 backpacks, packed full...her family's 72 hour kits.  I was very impressed and am excited to add 10 72-hour kits to my home in the near future.

72 hours is the time it takes for emergency personnel to begin helping people after a disaster.  In other words, you are on your own for 3 days.

Because this is the #1 item I wish I had for my family during the recent evacuations, I am inviting all of you to participate with me to assemble 72-hour kits.   These would also make wonderful gifts.

This is the last chance to sign up as I need all final numbers and $ to me NO LATER than Sunday, June 10.  

Here's the details: 
  • When:  Wednesday, June 20, 2018 
  • Time:  7:00-9:00 p.m
  • Where:  Stake Center Overflow
  • Cost:  $36.50 per kit
Kits will include:
  • Backpack and ID Tag
  • Personal Supplies:  chapstick, hand sanitizer, toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, washcloth, toilet paper, flashlight & extra batteries, whistle, small notebook & pen, shampoo, conditioner, soap, ear plugs, medical mask, plastic bags
  •  Water
  •  Food for 3 days (About 1500 calories per day, no food needs to be cooked)
Questions:  Contact RaeLyn Stoddard
760-224-7217 raelynstoddard@gmail.com
Payment must be received by RaeLyn no later than June 10, 2018
I can take check, cash, or Paypal

No comments: