Wednesday, January 29, 2020

MONEY

I've been thinking about money lately.  It all started with this article I read just after Christmas about doing a "no shopping year."  I am not sure why it resonated so much with me.  Maybe because I have been feeling like I have way more "stuff" than I need (Read: Craft supplies and fabric), but I don't want to get rid of it, because I still love it and that "someday I will have more time" is just right around the corner, I'm sure of it!  So setting rules for myself of what I can and cannot buy in 2019 has really been liberating.  When I see something I love instead of having a "I just can't stop thinking about it until I buy it" moment, I find myself saying instead, "That's really cute, I'm just not buying anything this year, so I don't have to worry about it any  more."  It has been great.

I also have been thinking more about money management lately. Not that I have ever had a problem with it, but just thinking that I can do a little better.

Before Jeff and I got married, my singles' ward bishop gave us a little pamphlet called One for the Money.  20 years later, I still think that this is one of the best financial pieces of literature available.  It is for sure a MUST READ.  I especially love the "debt snowball" he outlines (and this before there was such a term as a "debt snowball").  We followed this in our marriage and it has been amazing. 

Back in 2018, I outlined this little pamphlet in several different Provident Living Posts.  If you would like to read them, they can be found here:
I challenge you to prayerfully read One for the Money by yourself or with your spouse and/or family.  Make goals of how to implement the principles taught.  Write down your goals and set concrete dates for completion of goals.  Especially make a goal to pay off debt and save.  I promise you will not be disappointed!

No comments: