Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Another SweetPod AND BAG!

So, the amazing and talented Miss Jessica has done it again! This time with the SweetPod Saddle Bag. An amazingly cool diaper bag that just hooks on to your SweetPod so that you can take your baby and all the necessary gear totally hands free.


Jessica asked me to test the pattern, and like when I tested the SweetPod, I was flattered, honored, and giddy to get the pattern!

This pattern, like the SweetPod, is easy to follow, with clear instructions, awesome design and really great. It's fully-illustrated, which makes it so easy and it was just fun to make!!!

It took me SOOO long to sew it up (all because of me, not the pattern--more on the reasoning for that soon) but Jessica was patient with me and I actually got it done a bit ago but didn't feel like I could blog about it as it was a gift.

A gift for this wonderful gal. Natalie and I have been friends for ever! OK not ever, but a good 12-13 years now, ever since that horrible Political Science Class at BYU where we were the only two females in the class. We've been through a lot together: dating, breakups, marriages, births, fertility woes, and so much more. We've even been lucky enough to live by each other once or twice in those years!

Getting her last baby here was a challenge. When she told me she was pregnant, I asked what she wanted me to make her. She said she wanted a baby carrier like mine, so I sighed, then gathered all the stuff. And, since the SweetPod is something no mother should live without, (and the pattern is just so awesomely amazing) I made her one...and the Saddle Bag to go with it.


I was able to give it to her last weekend, and she was very excited. Baby is a little small for the Pod yet, but I'm confident he will grow and the SweetPod will be his favorite ride (and Mom's salvation!)

And guess what else? Jessica is giving away 4 patterns today over at BLOOM. Now is your chance to get one of these great patterns for free, so head on over! And even if you don't sew, with Jessica's pattern, you SO can make one of these!

No comments: