Thursday, May 17, 2018

72 HOUR KITS!

I always thought of 72 hour kits as an item used for when everything else fails.  I envisioned me and my family hiking through the wilderness, rationing water and living on berries as a supplement.  Last December, my thinking changed.  During the Lilac Fire, I realized that a 72-hour kit with basic food, clothes, and supplies would have come in mighty handy.

So, my friends, I hope you are able to benefit from my need.  I am making 72 hour kits for my family and I hope you will join me!  I will have all the items ready, all you need to do is come to assemble your kits!
  • When:  Wednesday, June 20, 2018
  • Time:  7:00-9:00 p.m.
  • Where:  Stake Center Overflow (451 W. Bobier Dr. Vista)
  • Cost:  Approximately $45 each.
72-Hour Kits will include:
  • Backpack & ID Tag
  • Small First Aid Kit
  • Personal Supplies
    • ChapStick
    • Hand Sanitizer 
    • Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Dental Floss
    • Washcloth
    • Toilet Paper
    • Flashlight & Extra Batteries
    • Whistle
    • Small Notebook & Pen
    • Shampoo, Conditioner, Soap
    • Ear Plugs
    • Plastic Bags
  •  Water
  • Food for 3 days (About 1500 calories per day, no food needs to be cooked)
I will be sending around a signup this Sunday, but if you know you would like to participate, you can email me at raelynstoddard@gmail.com.  Please include your name, phone number, and how many kits you would like to assemble.

The fine print:  
  • If you would like to have kits, but know you will not be able to attend June 20, please arrange for someone (besides me) to assemble your kits for you that night. 
  • I am unable to take out items or replace other items.   The kits come "as is."  You will need to purchase the entire kit, then change it to fit your needs.

No comments: