Friday, July 9, 2010

Creating

I have to create. It makes me so happy to make something out of a flat piece of fabric or to bring photos to life on a scrap page.

One of the happy things in June is that I got to create a little...not as much as I would have liked, but even something is better than nothing.

Jessica and I got together for a sewing afternoon, and this is what I made:


It's called the Diana Hobo Bag and I love it!! I found this fabulously free pattern from one of the gals who had made a Sweetpod (you'll have to check it out, it's one of the cutest ones I've seen!).

Of course, if I were to do it over I wouldn't have skipped that pocket for the inside and done the handles a little differently...but overall, it's great! It's big enough for one of those "throw-together" outings where you want the essentials (wallet, planner, diapers), or a trip without kids when you want to throw a book in.

The fabric is from Amy Butler's Belle line. I got it at my new favorite fabric store, and it was even on sale (woo hoo!).

It felt so good to make something!

No comments: