Happy Mothers' Day to all of you wonderful women!
This post is celebrating the day I became a mother. April 6, 2000. Now that sweet baby is ten years old! She has taught me so much. I just hope I have taught her something too!
Here's some highlights of her special day.
Bacon and Puffy Oven Pancakes for Breakfast (yum...no hot cereal this morning!)
A trip to the Denver temple. When Sarah was little, she loved to visit the Washington DC temple on her birthday. Weather was a little (OK a LOT) warmer in Maryland in April, but we made the most of it!
Isn't she beautiful!
And had to snap this little guy while I had the chance:
For presents she got a new dress (made by me--hope it fits for a little while!)
And some $ to do what she wants (along with a card telling her how awesome she is!).
Her "cake" request was pumpkin pie (which didn't require any decorating--I was kind of relieved!)
Make a wish and take a bite!
Happy Birthday Sarah!
10 things I love about Sarah are:
1. She always tries to do what is right.
2. She is a great help with her siblings. She loves them a lot!
3. She is a fabulous pianist--listening to her is a joy!
4. She is fun to talk to and share my little excitements with, like a gorgeous new fabric or a fun scrap page just finished.
5. She likes to be with her family.
6. She thinks a lot about others.
7. She is a great cook (and makes some meals all by herself!)
8. She sticks with me when I need help.
9. She is a great student.
10. She is beautiful inside and out.
Thanks Sarah, for being patient with me and letting me be your mom!