It's been a busy week. The days leading up to the craft show, we were sewing, sewing, sewing! We still have been doing school, church work, and piano lessons...but here's a few things we've done since then!
Finished the Halloween Costumes! I've been working on them off and on over the last few weeks. They went pretty smoothly, except for a few glitches....like running out of thread on Sarah's cloak and having Samuel grow while the costume was in progress. I was able to add a few inches into the Dino's crotch so it would be wearable. He barely squoze into it and I think it was still 5 inches too short (Even with the extended hem). Oh well, he loved it and we will have another dino coming up in a few years :)
Eliza's Indian costume was my favorite You know when the pattern comes with sewing and GLUING instructions that it's an easy one. Sarah's (the mid-evil princess) wasn't too bad either, but I must remind myself that sewing with the costume satin is not my favorite thing. I was singing the praises of my rolled hem presser foot though!
No, I didn't sew David's. It's a great bear costume from Babies R Us.
About a month ago we were at the fabric store and Samuel found this fabric. He picked up the bolt and would not let go of it. I bought a yard and a half, thinking I would do something with it...someday. I think every day since then he has asked if I would make his dinosaur blanket (can you tell he loves dinosaurs?). Two days before the craft show I told him I would make it on Friday.
Friday morning Jeff and I were getting ready and Samuel was laying on our bed. I was talking to Jeff and said, "Aren't you glad today is Friday?" A little voice pipes up in the other room and says, "It's Friday! That means you get to make my dinosaur blanket!"
So, the day went by...even though it was late and all the kids were in bed, it was still Friday and I did promise Samuel I would do it. I had some green fleece left over from Samuel's dinosaur costume, so that became the back. Jeff helped me tie it while we watched a movie, and Saturday morning, we had one happy little guy.
So this one wasn't actually crafting, but it counts for a project! I put up our pumpkin. Every year I take our Jack O Lantern and our pumpkin bowls (a Halloween tradition, soup in cleaned out pumpkins for dinner) and bake them, then puree them to freeze. We make all kinds of pumpkin yummies. The bags don't look as pretty as jars would, but freezing is a whole lot easier!
And, the project we finished up today. My mom commissioned me to make car seat covers for our friend who is having twins (yes, one a boy, one a girl) next month. I found this fabric and couldn't resist--I bought the rest of the bolts. But they turned out so cute! I hope she likes them!
Not bad for a week's work...Now I can get started on the project I WANT to do, my baby carrier.