Tuesday, January 30, 2018

3 MONTH MEAL PLAN--MONTH 2

I'm one of those people that you hate to see in front of you in a grocery line.  Yes, that person with the heaping huge cart that takes almost forever to get through the line.  What most people don't realize is that being able to get their cart to this state is an organizational feat that takes years to perfect.  It all depends on the store though.  When I go to Costco, I have a list.  I also know I am going to have to fit a huge amount of "stuff" in my cart.  I start organizing my cart with the first item and every subsequent one has a specific spot to maximize the amount I can fit.  Even the Costco checkers are amazed at how much I can fit.  My Target trips, on the other hand have zero organization.  As much as I try to  stick with my list, extra things inevitably jump into my cart, until it is all a heaping mess as I head to the checkout.  Personal experience tells me it is always best to have a list, and organize along the way.

Now that we have finished the first month (Find January's goal:  Plan, here),  here's the next step!  3-month preparedness, here we come!

February's goal:  Organize

(1) Recipe Compilation.  Get all your 3-month plan recipes in one spot and make a soft and hard copy.  Put these both somewhere where you can find it again.
(2) Ingredients list.  List everything you need to make your meals, along with quantities.
(3) Multiply your ingredient quantities by 12--yes you will be buying enough to make each meal 12 times.
(4) Make a master shopping list.  This is based on your multiplied ingredients lists and will include everything you need to make all your meals and snacks.  Some find it helpful to put the items in categories:  Spices, canned meat, canned vegetables, canned fruit, etc.  Don't forget the small things, EVERYTHING should be on your list.  Print (or copy) this list and put the original somewhere where you can find it again, and place the copy in your purse.
(5) Clear a spot where these items will be stored when you buy them.
(6) Report. Send me an email (raelynstoddard(at)hotmail(dot)com), text me 7six0-two24-721seven, or leave a comment on my blog post to let me know you have done this.  I want to hear!

No comments: